Posted On: Thursday, March 6, 2014
* * * * NOTICE * * * *
Some students in our district have been diagnosed with a viral disease called “Fifth Disease.” It is a common disease of school children.
If your child develops any signs or symptoms noted below or if you have any questions or concerns, please contact your physician for further information.
Signs & Symptoms:
- Red Rash on cheeks
- Lacey and itchy rash on arms and legs
- Sometimes mild joint pain or swelling
- Low grade fever
- Contagious 2 weeks to 3 days before appearance of rash
- Once rash appears, child is no longer contagious and can attend school
- Pregnant women who have come in contact with an infected child should speak with their doctor
Food Allergy Information
Posted On: Thursday, September 26, 2013
Board of Education Policy and Regulation 5141.21A
Peanut Allergy Awareness - Click here to download and view a PowerPoint presentation on the Nut Allergy policy and regulations in the Lyndhurst Schools.
Safe Snack Guide Website