Welcome Back to the 2017-2018 School Year!
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you back to Jefferson School! I hope you all had a great vacation and are as excited as I am for the upcoming school year.
In order for students to achieve at their highest level, your involvement is crucial. Defining expectations, holding students accountable, promoting self-esteem and keeping our children safe takes constant reinforcement on both our part and yours. Explain to your children that nothing less than their best efforts are acceptable, and encourage your child’s involvement in school activities. Most importantly, model your expectations.
Teach them time management by establishing a regular time and place to do their homework and study. Turn off the TV, computer and other distractions. Discuss the importance of reading books and how mathematics plays a part in your daily life. Let them see you reading and writing.
Be an active participant in your child’s education. Get to know your child’s teacher and tell us when you have important information concerning your child. Throughout the school year please visit our school web site at www.lyndhurstschools.net, and click the Jefferson link at the top of the header. The Jefferson School website will be routinely updated throughout the year and will therefore serve as an excellent resource. When parents and teachers communicate properly, it can only have a positive impact on that child’s educational development.
Also, please take note of the following important information and procedures:
· Full Day/Single Session/Delayed Opening Time Schedule
· The Lyndhurst School District Official Dress Code Policy will be STRICTLY ENFORCED
· Your child’s schedule and teachers can be found on the parent portal
· REMINDER THAT SEPTEMBER 6TH, 7TH AND 8TH are SINGLE SESSION DAYS
· All students at Jefferson will report to the courtyard area where they will line up by homeroom and be escorted into the building by a teacher every day. In cases of inclement weather, we will line up in the gymnasium.
· There is a “Drop and Go” zone on the Livingston Avenue side of the building
· UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MAY YOU PARK IN A DROP OFF ZONE OR ENTER THE STAFF LOT WITH YOUR CAR
***PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS FOR THE SAFETY AND SECURITY OF YOUR CHILDREN!!
We look forward to working with you and your children and hope to make this a wonderful school year!!
Please feel free to contact us at any time. No matter what size question or concern you have about your child, if it is important to you, it is important to us.
Very Truly Yours,
Joseph A. Vastola, Ed.S
Principal Jefferson School