I would like to take this opportunity to get to know each other better by sharing some thoughts with you that I feel are crucial to your child’s education and well being.
It is the start of a new school year and I am sure that there will be many questions. Please know that I will keep you as informed as possible and welcome any questions or concerns that you might have.
In order for students to achieve at their highest level, your involvement is crucial. Defining expectations, holding students’ accountable, promoting self-esteem and keeping our children safe takes constant reinforcement on both our part and yours. Explain to your children that nothing less than their best efforts are acceptable and encourage your child’s involvement in school activities. Most importantly, model your expectations.
Teach them time management by establishing a regular time and place to do their homework and study. Turn off the TV, computer and other distractions. Discuss the importance of reading books and how mathematics plays a part in your daily life. Let them see you reading and writing.
Be an active participant in your child’s education. Join and support our very active and supportive PTA. Get to know your child’s teacher and tell us when you have important information concerning your child. When parents and teachers communicate properly, it can only have a positive impact on that child’s educational development. Together, I am sure we can give the children of Jefferson School the great educational experience they so richly deserve.
Also, please take note of the following important information and procedures:
- All students will report to school in the court yard area by Livingston avenue where they will line up by homeroom and be escorted into the building by a teacher by 8:10 AM
- Please follow all directions in the Drop-Off Area and move all the way up to the yellow curb whenever possible
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES may a child be let out of the vehicle outside of the Drop-Off Zone
- It is recommended that students arrive between 7:55 and 8:10 AM
- Students who are not permitted to walk home must be picked up from school by 2:45 pm. We understand that occasionally things happen, in those instances we ask that you call the main office and let us know. Repeated abuse of this policy will not be tolerated. If you need aftercare services the main office can provide you with information
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MAY YOU PARK IN A DROP OFF ZONE OR ENTER THE STAFF LOT WITH YOUR CAR
***Please understand that this is for the safety and security of your children!
I look forward to working with you and your children and hope to make this a wonderful school year!!
Please feel free to contact us at any time. No matter what size question or concern you have about your child, if it is important to you, it is important to us.
Very Truly Yours,
Joseph A. Vastola, Ed.S