NJSIAA Calendar Committee Survey - Student Athletes
SUMMER 2020 BLACK OUT PERIOD
July 24, 2020 through August 2, 2020
Mandatory practice begins on August 10, 2020
- If the student is not in school by 10:00am, they are not eligible to participate that day.
- If the student does not dress for gym, they are not eligible to participate that day.
- If the student is absent from school in the morning or afternoon, they are not allowed to practice or play in a game.
- If the student is absent on a Friday or the day before a break, they are not eligible without a parent note clearing them to participate.
- Academic Eligibility
- Fall & Winter- Pass 30 credits from previous school year.
- Student may become eligible for winter sport on February 1st if they are passing 15 credits after the first semester (MP1 & MP2).
- Spring- Passing 15 credits after the first semester (MP1 & MP2).
- Student may become eligible in the spring semester on May 1st if they pass all courses in the third marking period and have accumulated 30 credits after three marking periods.
- Seniors who become academically eligible can begin to play after third marking period grades have been posted.
- Athletic Registration
- Students must register for each athletic season during the registration period for each season.
- Registration window:
- Fall Season: May 1st – July 15th
- Winter Season: September 10th – November 1st
- Spring Season: January 2nd – March 1st
- Jeff Radigan- Supervisor of Athletic- email@example.com
- Tom Thomas- Athletic Trainer (online registration)- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vanessa Nowinski- Nurse (athletic physicals)- email@example.com
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
OPIOID USE AND MISUSE EDUCATIONAL FACT SHEET
NJSIAA STEROID TESTING AND BANNED SUBSTANCES
NCAA ELIGIBILITY CENTER
For more information on scholarships and being eligible to participate in college, click the link below.