Washington School/Memorial Campus PTA
Parent Teacher Association (PTA) - Best Resource for Parents - The PTA serves as a type of forum where parents, teachers, administrators, and other concerned adults discuss ways to promote quality education, strive to expand the arts, encourage community involvement, and work for a healthy environment and safe neighborhoods.
We would like to welcome all of our new and returning parents to the 2021-2022 school year. We are very excited to kick off this school year with such a great PTA board. Last year we had a lot of exciting events for the children and we are hoping to do the same this year. We cannot do all the things we plan without the help and support of our parents. We are always looking for new ideas that the kids would love. Please try to join us at our PTA meetings where we will discuss all our events and anything new that may be upcoming or brought to the table, we love to get your feedback and input.
We communicate mostly through our Facebook Group @Washington School PTA -07071. We will update all the events going on through that page as events are approved and dates get closer. Again, we look forward to a great school year and also look forward to meeting all of our Washington School/ Memorial Campus parents. Thank you
2021-2022 Executive Board
Danielle McWilliams - President
Kerri Palo- Vice President
Hillary Alberts- Treasurer
Ros Ivanovski - Secretary
Kaitlyn Bifulco - Membership Chair
Susana Gaspar - Budget Chair
What is PTA? Why join PTA? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected! There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources! The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network! PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow! By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up! PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. The PTA also plays an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model! By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits! Individuals can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, and much more.
Membership is only $7 for the full year. Click here to sign up!
Hassle Free Fundraising
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support our organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to the Washington/Memorial PTA. You don’t have to create a separate account; your current account can be used. Just log in (and bookmark for future purchases) smile.amazon.com