Voter Registration Requirements
You can register to vote if:
- You are a United States Citizen
- Yor are at least 17 years of age.*
- You will be a resident of the State and county 30 days before the election.
- You are NOT currently serving a sentence, probation or parole because of a felony conviction.
* You may register to vote if you are at least 17 yeas old but cannot vote until reaching the age of 18.
Registration Deadline: 21 days before an election
Your County Commissioner of Registration will notify you if your application is accepted. If it is not accepted, you will be notified on how to complete and/or correct the application.
Questions? Visit Elections.NJ.gov or call toll-free 1-877-NJVOTER (1-877-658-6837)