Below you will find valuable information for you and your child.
- ADHD Resource
- Asperger Syndrome Education Network
- Association for Retarded Citizens (ARC)
- Autism NJ
- Autism Society of America
- Perform Care - Department of Children and Families
- PRISE (English)
- PRISE (Spanish)
- PRISE (Arabic)
- PRISE (Korean)
- Parent Checklist (English)
Here are some additional resources:
- New Jersey Department of Vocational Rehabilitation Services (DVR)
This agency provides support and programs to help students transitioning out of high school find and keep employment.
This is a family support organization in Bergen County.
- Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD)
This agency provides services and programs that assist adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (age 21 and over) to live as independently as possible.
- Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities
This is a link to a great article detailing the rights of students with disabilities in college. Many students and parents do not know how their rights change as they enter college, as well as, the colleges' responsibilities.
- New Jersey Higher Education Disability Support Directory
This is a comprehensive directory for the NJ colleges/universities offices for students with disabilities. Great resource! I'm always being asked for names of the offices.